Team Coordinator – The Transition Accelerator
LOCATION: Edmonton preferred
REPORTS TO: Hydrogen HUB Leader
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, contract (2 years)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until a suitable candidate is found
The Transition Accelerator is a pan-Canadian non-profit charitable organization that fosters and drives transitions to novel system configurations that provide multiple, superior, business, and societal outcomes to a net zero future. The Accelerator’s priorities are advancing Canada’s Hydrogen Economy, Electrification and Grid Integration, Personal Mobility, and Decarbonizing Buildings.
The Accelerator is seeking a full-time Team Coordinator to support our Edmonton Region Hydrogen HUB. As a Team Coordinator, you are responsible for liaising with the HUB Action Teams, keeping them engaged and moving down the strategic pathway endorsed by the HUB, and providing support to initiatives and projects of the HUB.
Candidates for this position must reflect the values of The Transition Accelerator:
- Embracing a positive and forward-thinking attitude.
- Working collaboratively with diverse, and sometimes opposed, views.
- Grounding all work in evidence-based research.
- Embracing a multi-disciplinary and pluralistic approach.
- Focusing on innovation over the status-quo
As a Team Coordinator, you are responsible for effectively moving HUB Action Teams down the strategic pathway endorsed by the HUB by:
- Executing on HUB strategic plans;
- Developing working relationships with Action Team stakeholders, individually and as a group;
- Discovering and understanding Action Team stakeholder needs;
- Collaborating to incorporate stakeholder feedback into strategic plans;
- Ensuring stakeholder needs are addressed to keep them engaged;
- Coordinating Action Team meetings, content, engagement;
- Preparing proposals, memos, presentations, and other information briefings to support HUB strategic plans;
- Developing the Team client relations management system.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL TRAITS
An ideal candidate is a detailed, respectful, empathetic, and welcoming listener who embraces the Accelerator’s values and who has the following qualifications, experience, and traits:
- A degree in business or technical discipline (e.g., Business, Science, Engineering, Economics, Policy);
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience or a combination of relevant experience and education;
- Demonstrated project management/coordination experience and the ability to make progress with diverse stakeholders with unique needs;
- Demonstrated experience relating to and engaging a wide range of stakeholders and managing stakeholder/client relationships
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including demonstrated ability to prepare high quality proposals, memos, and information briefings;
- A well-organized individual, comfortable with trouble shooting problems, handling multiple work streams, and following up on details;
- Ability to operate and thrive in an environment where information may be incomplete and ambiguous, and there is not full alignment among stakeholders;
- Ability to take a strategic plan to a tactical timeline and implement it;
- Ability to learn, understand, and communicate a broad suite of concepts, including technical/scientific concepts;
- Proficiency with the Office suite of computer software;
- Proficiency in English;
- Comfortable with working remotely;
- Preferred: Designations in Project Management (PMP, CAPM, etc.) or Energy Management (CEM, CEA, etc.);
- Preferred: Experience in logistics/freight/supply chain and/or experience with energy/carbon/environmental management.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.